Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Band of Brothers #1

This season there are two sets of brothers playing an integral part in the teams performances on the pitch week in and week out.  I myself had the pleasure of playing with yet another set, the Cutters, Karl and Dean when I last played for the team.  First up we give you The Barclay Brothers, Neil and Ewan.  The brothers are Wainuiomata born and bred with over 100 appearances for the club.


Ewan Barclay on the ball

I have had some trouble in the past trying to figure out which one was Neil and which one was Ewan as they are quite alike on the pitch.  Although Neil with his no nonsense defending at the heart of the back four (he was also last years player of the year) and Ewans barnstorming performances game after game in central midfield make it fairly easy for me these days.


Neil Barclay disrupts another attack

It's fair to say that the Brothers Barclay have been at the heart of Wainuis rise to Wellingtons Football Premier League having helped the team to the Division 1 title back in 2010.  Although I'm not here to say who is the best between the two of them, I think that's best left to sort out between themselves!!

No comments:

Post a Comment