Saturday, April 2, 2011

A season of Saturdays

Wainuiomata AFC have recently returned to Capital Footballs Premier Division in Wellington for the 2011 season. Having played for the team until I decided enough was enough to pursue other interests I have decided to come back down to every Saturday game at their home park and record the highs and lows of every game on offer to me.  Teams range from the Premier team all the way to the Half Baked team of Capital Footballs division 15.

There has also been talk of the Res-Erection of the Ralph Chenery Supporters club for this season as he bears down on his 400th first team appearance and I'll try and bring some updtaes from inside the club if I can.  I was a member from a few years ago and even have the watch to prove it, I did have the T-shirt but it was such a wanted piece of clothing I had to let go of it on my travels to a fan from afar.

Unfortunately today the boys got off to a bad start going down 1-0 to a 10 man Island Bay team.  It was an unlucky loss however with Wainui having a goal disallowed for offside and spurning a great goal scoring opportunity right at the death.  A solid performance to start the season, just unfortunate about the result but there is always next week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment